Do you own a home or manage a property in Sherwood OR? Want to keep your garage door in good working condition and avoid costly repairs?
Garage door maintenance is necessary for the proper functioning of the various parts, systems, and components. The majority of garage door maintenance steps are simple enough for do-it-yourselfers. But you should also have a professional technician inspect your garage door at least once a year. A technician can troubleshoot and adjust in order to avoid serious problems and even extend the life of the door.
Garage Door Maintenance Checklist
A comprehensive garage door maintenance checklist should include:
- There are various moving parts in a garage door system, such as rollers, hinges, tracks, and chains. By using silicone spray or white lithium grease, you can lubricate these parts and keep them working smoothly. Having a well-lubricated garage door will also minimize noise when opening and closing it.
- Your garage door roller brackets can become loose over time because they contain many nuts, bolts, and screws. Inspect and tighten the hardware that connects the bracket to the rail and replace any broken or worn-out parts.
- When you balance your garage door, it will operate smoothly and hang at whatever level you set it. An unbalanced door works harder and wears out more quickly. Disconnect your opener and check the door’s balance. Raise or lower the door manually to the halfway point. When your door starts bouncing or falling, you’ll need a spring adjustment. An experienced garage door technician should handle springs as they can be dangerous to handle.
- Look for signs of damage to the tracks around the door, such as cracks, bends, and breaks. Remove debris that may obstruct the door from moving. Use a level to check that the track is level.
- Testing the auto-reverse feature: The auto-reverse feature prevents a door from closing when an object blocks it from closing. Place a piece of wood or another object on the ground to test it. A door that doesn’t close all the way and reverses direction upon sensing an object is working as it should.
What are the Benefits of Preventive Garage Door Maintenance?
There are many benefits of regular garage door maintenance including:
- Keep your home secure by avoiding mechanical issues that can pose safety risks
- The longevity of the door will increase, and long-term costs will be reduced
- You’ll have increased resale value and fewer problems with your door’s operation that can deter potential buyers
- Preventing damage to vehicles or property by repairing a malfunctioning door
- Getting functional upgrades that can improve your door’s functionality and make it safer
- The comfort of knowing your vehicle will be able to leave the garage every morning
Whether you need garage door repair or replacement, it’s best to call professionals. Garage Door Repair Sherwood can assist you with your garage door maintenance needs. Our exceptional garage door repair services have made us the first choice of customers in Sherwood.